We have been looking forward to this day for a very long time and we are pleased to say we're opening Monday, June 8!
We've made some changes around the office to follow physical distancing guidelines and we assure you that safety is our number one priority.
•First and foremost please note all pre-booked appointments have been cancelled and we will reach out to you to reschedule. This has been done in order to accommodate all of the appointments that were missed during our closure.
• All staff will be screened before every shift and patients will be screened upon booking and again when they arrive for their visit.
• Please come to your appointment wearing a clean, well fitted mask. If you arrive early, please wait in your vehicle until your scheduled time. You will be met at the door and your hands will be sanitized before entering the clinic.
• All visits to the office are by appointment only and this includes all frame adjustments and repairs. If you are needing our optical department for glasses concerns please press 2 when you call the office (613-257-1711) or reach out through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our doors will be locked at all times so please ring the doorbell for assistance.
• Please arrive to your appointment alone (unless assistance is needed) and if possible leave personal belongings in your vehicle.
• All books and magazines have been removed from our waiting room and there is no children's area at this time.
• Protective shields have been installed in various areas of the clinic including the front desk and on equipment in the doctor's rooms.
• All staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks, eye protection and scrubs.
• All patient touch points will be disinfected after each patient encounter. We've implemented a number of CONTACT-LESS procedures including e-Transfers (you may still pay by debit & credit if you wish), emailing receipts and prescription requests. We'll also be updating patient information before your exam over the phone and we'll soon have an online fill-able questionnaire available on our website.
• Our lab staff will be more than happy to provide “white glove service” to all patients in our gallery. Please allow our opticians and frame stylists to custom select and recommend the right frames for you. Any frames touched will be disinfected before use with our next patient.
• Lastly, we are happy to see you all again, but in respect to physical distancing, please refrain from visiting after your appointment as there will be patients coming in after you.
Thank you for your cooperation as we navigate through our new routine. Our phone lines and email will also be very busy so please be patient and we'll respond as soon as we can.
Please visit our website for more reopening details at www.heritageoptometric.ca
~ Heritage Optometric Clinic